Each week's winner will receive:
1. A $25 prize
2. Publication in an annual printed anthology
3. A free paperback copy of the anthology containing your poem after it is published
Any type of poem is welcome! Formal or informal, long or short, rhyme or free verse—we like all kinds of poems. Results will be announced within three days of the contest end.
Each week's winner will be the one that receives the most votes by registered users. If there is a tie, it will be chosen based on the editorial judgment of the staff at Plum White Press. If a poet has won in a given week, he or she cannot win again until at least four weeks have passed, even if the entry receives the most votes (e.g., if you won the 1st contest, you will not be eligible to win again until the 5th contest). This is to allow a sufficient variety of winners.
Aside from the contest winners, we may include other poems submitted in the anthology. Those selected will receive a free paperback copy of the anthology when it is published.
1. Any length.
2. Any theme.
3. You must be a registered user of this site to post (registration is free).
4. By posting you certify that this is your own work, you hold the copyright, and you are granting us permission to publish it on our site and in a printed anthology.
5. Prior publication is fine, as long as you hold the rights to republish. Please credit the prior publication beneath the poem, in italics.
6. Posting on social media or other sites is encouraged.
7. Non-English poems are welcome as long as you have an English translation beneath it.
8. Winners will be announced within three days of the contest end. For example, if the contest ends on Sunday, the winner will be announced by Wednesday.
9. Payments will be made only via Paypal, sent to your registered email address within one week after the winner is announced.
10. No feedback will be provided if your poem did not get chosen.
11. If your poem did not get chosen in a given week, you are welcome to resubmit it in a subsequent week.
Thank you for participating! We look forward to reading your work.